Students admitted to the PhD programme should meet the following criteria:
- Holders of a master’s degree (or the legal equivalent in terms of ECTS awarded at an intermediate graduate level) in history or in any other field of the humanities and social sciences
- Exceptionally, in the terms of the Portuguese legal rules, holders of undergraduate or graduate courses whose CV and recommendation letters disclose the candidate’s outstanding ability to undertake advanced studies in history
The application to PIUDHIST should be filled-in online – Application Link – accompanied with the following documentation:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- Academic transcripts and legal proofs of the diplomas and degrees awarded;
- Letter of intent stating the reasons and the motivations for choosing PIUDHIST;
- Outline of doctoral dissertation project;
- Papers and publications, including master’s dissertation when available (pdf
- Two letters of recommendation;
- and a photo.
All candidates to PIUDHIST will be subject to an initial screening procedure, in order to confirm the fulfillment of the above conditions. Candidates approved in principle will be short listed for interview, in person or via skype.
The expected number of students to admit in each edition of PIUDHIST is 15.
The expected number of FCT scholarships to assign in each edition of PIUDHIST is 4.